Service learning is greatly valued at Saint Brigid of Kildare School. Children in grades K-8 participate in various forms of service learning.
As part of Confirmation preparation, students in grades 7-8 work to complete 25 hours of approved service activities prior to their Confirmation in the spring of their 8th-grade year.
Examples of service activities include:
- Working at the Holy Family Soup Kitchen or Dublin Food Pantry
- Working at Material Assistance Providers
- Altar Serving
- Preparing care packages for our servicemen and women
- Working at a local animal shelter
- Helping with childcare at parish events
- Visiting the sick or homebound
7th and 8th graders are required to fill out this form for all confirmation service hours. Please turn the completed forms in to Mrs. Lombardo.