If the number of applicants exceeds the number of class openings, a waiting list will be established. Following registration, positions on the waiting list will be assigned using the same ranking criteria stated below.
- Families offered an admission have 24 hours to respond.
- If a family is offered an admission prior to the beginning of the school year and does not accept, they will be given a choice to either go to the bottom of the current list or be removed all together.
- If a family is offered an admission during the school year but does not accept, they will be given a choice to either register for the beginning of the next school year or be removed. Special circumstances for not accepting admission (such as illness) will be given separate consideration by the school administration.
- A new waiting list will be established for each school year. Participation in annual registration will be necessary to be considered for the next school year even if you are on the current waiting list.
Registrations for admission will be ranked according to the following priorities:
- Children from families already with a signed letter of intent for enrollment in the subsequent school year.
- Length of membership in the parish
- Regular contributions to the church
- Contributions to parish fund raising drives
- Involvement in the parish, school, and preschool programs
- Other priorities, such as transfers, addressed in Diocesan Regulation 5119-1