We have been notified that His Holiness Pope Francis has appointed the Most Reverend Robert J. Brennan, currently Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Rockville Center, New York, as the 12th Bishop of Columbus. He succeeds Bishop Frederick F. Campbell, whose resignation and retirement, has been accepted by the Holy Father.
The following You Tube link is a great introduction to Bishop Brennan. It was produced by the Diocese of Rockville Centre and is titled, “Sending Forth a Shepherd.”
Bishop Brennan will be installed as Bishop of Columbus during a Mass on Friday, March 29, 2019. Pope Francis has appointed Bishop Campbell as Apostolic Administrator of the Diocese of Columbus, and he will continue to lead the Diocese until the Mass of Installation.
Please keep both Bishops in your prayers as they prepare for the transition.
To be considered for the Diocese of Columbus Tuition Assistance
- You must be registered in one of the Diocesan schools by March 15, 2019.
- The Diocese will only accept ONLINE APPLICATIONS (www.factstuitionaid.com), the application must be submitted and verified by March 15, 2019 and supporting documentation must be postmarked by March 15, 2019. (Please file early in case additional documentation is requested by FACTS.)
- Payment of the $35.00 application fee must accompany the application.
- Only one application per family is required.
- Please note there is no tuition assistance
available for preschool.
Gifts of Gratitude
Gifts of gratitude was established by the Home and School Association as a united effort to provide a generous monetary gift to every school and parish teacher and staff member at Christmas and the end of the year to thank them for all they do for our children.
This is a convenient way for families to make sure that each teacher, aide, and staff member who touches your child’s life is recognized for all they do at St. Brigid. Instead of several small gifts from each student, each teacher and staff member will receive a monetary gift that they choose how to use–whether they want to splurge on themselves or help with their own family’s expenses.
Will my family be recognized for participating?
Yes — the teachers and staff will receive a list of families who participate in this program. You may also let the teachers and staff know that you participated in the program by marking “G.O.G” inside your Christmas card.
How much do I give?
The suggested annual gift amount is $25 per child once a year, however any given amount is graciously accepted!