One of the most daunting tasks your child will undertake in middle school is studying. Try not to let them get overwhelmed by all of the information they must remember or apply. Help them find a way to organize it all.
- Think of your learning strengths before deciding on a study technique.
- Organize your study space.
- Use flow charts and diagrams
- Take regular breaks (study for 30min, then take a 5 min break).
- Snack on brain food (nuts, seeds, yogurt, blueberries)
- Practice with old exams or tests.
Books Resources to Use:
- Executive Functions, A Blueprint For Success Guide (Middle School, 2nd edition)
- S-O-A-R Study Skills, by Susan Wood