Service learning is greatly valued at Saint Brigid of Kildare School. Children in grades K-8 participate in various forms of service learning.
As part of Confirmation preparation, students in grades 7-8 are encouraged to serve their community through acts of service. There is no hourly requirement for service. Rather, we believe that we all share in the call to help our brothers in sisters through service.
Examples of service activities include:
- Working at the Holy Family Soup Kitchen or Dublin Food Pantry
- Working at Material Assistance Providers
- Altar Serving
- Preparing care packages for our servicemen and women
- Working at a local animal shelter
- Helping with childcare at parish events
- Visiting the sick or homebound
Service Hours can be turned in to 7-8 grade homeroom teachers. These accumulated hours of service will be used for high school scholarship applications as well as service awards.